What have I done so far?
Since mid February I've been making various Tweets. I have a total of 21 tweets.
- Continuous: These tweets are once or twice a week.
- Contain visuals: Tweets always include an image or a gif of the game or something relevant.
- Relevant to progress: Tweets are about blog posts, gifs of gameplay or screenshots of development.
- No change in follower base.
- Only a handful of friends are following the twitter account.
- Retweets and likes are stuck at the count of ten and there's no acceleration in gaining attention.
- Create posts that compel users to engage.
- Don't post developer content. Developer content is for developers. You should post things players may be interested in.
- Post a lot of gifs.
- Your game isn't pretty. Make it prettier.
- Find the hook of your game, and focus on this.